- The NHSBSA have released new Serious Shortage Protocols (SSPs) for HRT products.
- The SSPs apply to Oestrogel pump gel, Sandrena 0.5mg and 1mg gel sachets and Lenzetto spray.
- Pharmacies are now allowed to switch patients to patches if they are unable to obtain a supply of the gels.
- Pharmacies are also allowed to restrict the quantities to 3 months’ supply without contacting the prescriber.
- Local pharmacies have been contacted to ensure they are aware of the SSPs.
Please note that you do not need to contact your GP, your Pharmacist will be able to look into this for you.